COMPOSITION OF THE SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL
The scientific council of the university includes:
- the rector, president,
- deans of faculties,
- the presidents of the scientific councils of faculties and institutes,
- heads of institutes and, if possible, directors of annexes,
- research unit directors, if possible,
- the head of the central library of the university.
- two (2) elected representatives of teachers of magisterial rank of each faculty and institute;
- two (2) representatives of the assistant professors,
- two (2) external persons who are teachers from other universities.
- The Scientific Council may call on any person whose competence may be useful for its work.
The members representing the teachers are elected by their peers for a term of three (3) years, renewable one (1) time, among the permanent teachers who are active within the university. Electoral process is valid only if 50% of the concerned electors have voted. If this quorum is not reached, a second electoral process is organized, and its result is valid regardless of the number of voters.
Abstract from "ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONING OF THE UNIVERSITY & THE UNIVERSITY CENTER" Third edition 2006. By Mr. Ahmed AMRANI.